Sillect Community School
Sillect Community School is a year-round public school program operated by the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office. Since 1987, Community Schools have worked closely with other school districts, the probation department, and the courts of Kern County. The program takes an individual approach to helping students by encouraging their academic, personal and social growth. Sillect’s program serves students in grades 7-12, and enrollment into and transfer back to the district may take place at any time during the year.
|School Contact & Location:
Office Phone Number:
Monday through Friday. 7:30am – 4pm
3600 N. Sillect Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Click here for a Google Map location
Classroom Jr High:
Monday through Friday. 7:45am-12:15pm
Monday through Friday. 8:15am-12:45pm
Monday through Friday. 8am-3pm by teacher appointment
- Students who are on probation have the opportunity to attend
the after school workout program, Monday – Thursday,
1:00 – 2:50 PM.
- Counseling groups are offered on a voluntary basis with
counselors from Kern County Mental Health. These sessions provide students with effective life strategies.
- A Family Advocate is on campus to offer resources for
students in need of insurance assistance, mentor programs,
or other family necessities.
- Sillect students may participate in various activities, such as,The Drug Free Youth Summit, Leaders in Life, College Campus Tours and the Women’s Leadership Conference.
- Since Sillect opened its doors in August of 2006 we have held a Winter Food Drive, to encourage and remind our students about the importance of giving and unity. During this time students, along with staff, collect canned goods and non-perishables which are donated to Gleaner’s Food
- Our annual Open House provides our students with resources for career choices, college, community services and outreach programs.
- Classroom Students: Group orientations are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2:00 PM. Individual orientations are held daily, when possible. Please call the office for more information.
- Independent Study Students: Group or individual orientation,
day and time, will be set by the front office staff. Please call for more information.
Principal – Mrs. Loucks
Message from the Principal